Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The baby Sitter

Are you afraid of the dark?
Do you have nightmares of some cannibal tribes running behind you, to make their dinner out of you?
Do the ghost of some girl in white sari, singing a some old song and holding a candle in her hand, haunt you?


Never Mind! these questions have nothing to do, just read on. . .

Another lazy weekend, well nowadays there is no much difference between a weekend and a weekday, they all are the same!
but our dear Mr.Fate doesn't seem to be happy with my easy life. . .

well thanks to matty's help center I have been receiving many calls for help!!

My mom's friend had to leave the town urgently and so she had to ask someone to take care of her kids and house till her husband returns from office!
and my mom out of her generosity. . .

Mom (to her friend): "why do you worry Gita, don't worry i will send my son to your place, he is anyway useless, all the day he does is eat sleep and get fat! he has not done anything since ages. Let me give him some work today! Now don't you worry and get going!"

well that was my mom!
and so i went. . .of course no one asked me if i could chose not to go. . .they just ordered!!
I was now officially the BABY SITTER!!

The kids, a 9 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl, well. . . they looked nice, very calm and well mannered.
I looked at them, and thought. . it might not be that bad after all, they are after all small cute and very good kids, what can possibly go wrong. . . .
you will later know that this was my biggest mistake!!

Their mother left soon.
I rested my ass on the couch and switched on the TV.
The little girl came near me and whispered "POGO".
then she grabbed the remote from me and switched on the channel, well as someone rightly said, girls know what they want!!

If you have any grudges against anyone just kidnap them and make them watch Pogo! believe me this was some 3rd degree torture. . .GOD!!
How the hell can you watch some colorful puppets and few stupid things i don't know what they were but well the girl kept on jumping from her feet crying. . "Teletubbies!!!!!"
After sometime i switched to the Discovery channel, it was showing some giraffes mating. The girl asked me "the boy asked me what were they doing?"
"lets watch Bob the builder" i said. Thank god the little girl didn't open her mouth. I preferred pogo for the rest of the day. . .

Oooh! well i thought atleast that makes her silent and the boy . . .
wait a min. . . i had forgotten about the boy. . .where the hell was he. . he was here a min ago. . .
In the Bedroom. . No, kitchen . . .no, reading room. . no, toilet. . . . No!! Balcony. . .No. . . . .
WTF!!!!
where has been lost??
I went out and screamed his name. . .no response. . .
god this boy. . . then i saw him in the basement. .
pheew!
"Don't you ever leave the house without telling me!!" I screamed at him. .

Finally getting back to the house, i thought maybe it was time for lunch!
I said" well lets see what we got"! wow we have the spinach curry and the radish sambhar, and oooo we have rasam also!!" I hated those dishes. . but the baby sitter rule book says always act as if you love the food and make the kids eat properly!
(btw. . .rasam and sambhar are south indian dishes, and for god sake dont ask me their recipes now)
The little girl,"ewwwww! I want potato curry" and the boy,"i want a pizza" they both said in unison.
"Huh! well do you want to be strong like me, then eat this!"
everything in vain. . .they wont eat. finally after bribing them with chocolates, they agreed and i also had to promise the pizza!

Just then. . .rahul called "Dude? where r u? Come fast we all are going to the party! And the good thing is Teja is paying the bill. . ."
me, " Err. . sorry dude. . .i have some work. . ."
"work what work, you lazy bum, get ur ass down here. . .wtf r u doing? you got no girl friends even? whats keeping you busy"rahul screamed!
"well i am scrutinizing the child prodigies. . ."
"What the hell. . . .you r baby sitting??? ooh my god!! lol...." rahul almost fell down laughing. i could sense it.
humm. . . .well it happens. . .sometimes you have to give up biryani and tandoori for sambhar and rasam!!

"Bhaiya can I order the pizza?"
oooh. . .i forgot. . .well not bad I got the pizza right?
"My chocolates??" the little girl shouted from behind. . .
got to admit these kids have a good memory. . .

I took the girl to the candy store and the boy sits in the house and calls the pizzahut. .
Girl,"i want dairymilk, no i want milkybar. . .no i want. . .no that. . ."
"I want all of them. . . ."she said her final verdict!
"what!! No way. You can only one. take one. Ok i will buy you dairy milk thats it."
"Nooooooooo i want all. . .i want all. . . .i want all. . . .mummy....i want mommy!!!!"
"Ok ok. . .fineee!!!!"

finally she stopped her crying. . . .man!!
we went back. .
then after exactly twenty eight mins the pizza boy arrives, oooh i wish he was late by two moire mins and i would have got the order free. . . .
"Sir here is your order. . .extra large chicken pizza, extra large paneer pizza, and a medium capsicum pizza along with ginger bread and french fries and of course coke!!!!" the pizza boy said.
"what!! I think you have mistaken somebody's order with mine. I didn't order these many things!" common we were just three not even three . . .i mean they were just two kids. . how much can they eat!!
"bhaiya! i ordered it!!"
"whattttttt??? why? why did you order so many pizzas?" i howled
he,"well i figured out we were three and so three pizza and i ordered a medium one for munni"
me,"whattttt? oh god!!!!!!!"
finally after shelling out 800 bucks I was left with pizzas and pizzas and more pizzas. . .
we could distribute them to the whole neighborhood and still few pieces would remain!

"I want a cake!" the little girl announced. . ."I don't want pizza. . ."
believe me these kids were so small but still they desired the whole world. . .
"Cake!! i gave the chocolates now shut ur mouth and sit down" I screamed

she cried and cried out louder. . .
i had to do soemthing. . ."ok fine i will get you the cake!"
I sent the boy to get some milk cakes from the store. . .

20 mins passed by he did not return. i waited.
40 mins. . ."what is making him so late!" i thought. now I was worried. . .
I held the girl and set out to look for him.
He was not in the basement, neither in the store, nor in the street. . .
even the watchman had not seen him. . .
Now i was tensed. . .
it was more than an hour now.

What should I do? Should I call his mom, no maybe his dad,
I am such a fool, I should have never sent him. what am i gonna do. . .

I set out with the watchman to search for the boy,
he was no where. . .
then suddenly i saw a group of boys playing cricket in the other lane,
and. . .

he was there. . .
Thankkk God!!! I thought. . .
I slapped on his face "If you do this again I am gonna kill you"
He cried she cried.
God kids are such a pain in the ass. . .
they me go crazy. . .

Finally we returned home and watched pogo and ate pizzas for dinner.
It was 9 pm and uncle arrived.

"how r u? hope the kids didn't truble you much!"he said.
"oh no. . .they were very good. In fact i had a great time" and I exchanged looks with the kids!!!

35 comments:

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

well well.... i swear i cant bear kids..... n ill freak if im asked 2 baby-sit.. i jus wont doo it.. wateva whoeva says.... ill tell mom"u didnt ask me n agree.... so face it urslf".... man n 800 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt dats jus too much 2 spend on some dumb kids??

Mythreya said...

well harini..yeah....
dont worry i made my mom pay that!!
well i am gonna never do this again in my whole life

kyamaloom said...

Aa gaya Noddy.. Noddy.. :D
Bob the builder karke dikhayenge... bob the builder.. haan bhai haan.. :D :P.. haha.. lmao


Kids are good till they remain one.. :P .. I actually like playing with them.. but then it lasts just for few minutes coz later they break out their innocent n cute shell and turn out to be one BIG pain.. :)

Sexoo post matty.. the humor was brilliant.. :D

Anonymous said...

bob the builder? thats okay
teletubbbies? horrible

u watched all that?

and you should have made your neighbours pay

deeps

Unknown said...

Take it as an experience...that's not the problem of children....... all depends on how they are brought up.

Mythreya said...

@rohit
thanx bro..
yeah u r right..

@deeps
well of course i jus paid for d time being..

@sudarshan
well u r right..
nowadays kids r jus the case..

Anonymous said...

lmao!!! i'll never babysit even my own kids man!!!

Mythreya said...

lol...
well...hope u wife is nt listening..

Keshi said...

I love kids :) but that maybe cos Im a kid myself..stuck in an adult body tho. LOL!

Keshi.

raul said...

watchin pogo once in a while is ok for me!!
but kids r pure devils....especially those watchin t.v at an early age....
anyway nice experience...lol

Unknown said...

i can imagine your plight..
i mean tellytubbies is the most insane show on earth...
u dint mention that u were made to watch all this stuff in "TELUGU" n that u r still alive...

so i will dial "M" next tym my cousin comes over...hehehe...

Mythreya said...

@keshi
umm..well ..even i love kids but the silent one esp below 2yrs old

@raul
thanx dude

@sruthi
well ooh i forgot dear...
but that was horrible..

Anonymous said...

So how z ur call center working dude ? Lol

Ashu

Mythreya said...

well ashu ..
i need some employees wanna join

Rajarshi said...

My sister is in 9th....nd she'll make me listen to girly songs knwin the fact that im into stuff like maidn,gnr...etc..

Mythreya said...

god!!!
well believe me girls r capable of any damn thing!!

Scribbles! said...

Hmm..nicely written. Well u gave in to everything they wanted..atleast next time...(I know u would never want a next time) u'll be prepared what to do n what not to do!

Sukanya said...

rofl.. nice post!!!
1. even i hate kids.. cant stand thm..
2. i luv pogo, nick, CN, disney..
n bob the builder is awesome.. n also spongebob aquare pants..
3. hv u heard a song 'pizza party' by weird al? chck out my videos on orkut..

girls.. m soo proud to b one..
:P

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

damn !!! thats one of teh funniest post i have read in a long time .... i never knew baby sitting could turn into something so harassing and expensive ...
i cannot handle kids .. specially when they start crying.... i run in the opposite direction ..
but the little girl was quite demanding ... and as for bob teh builder ... yaar i have seen evry episode ... even of that stupid cartoon with that fat singing octopus ... umm ... oswald or something ...

Zahid said...

ouch matty tht must have hurt!!!! And imagine matty waht would have happened if the cartoon was in telugu dubbing..... Instant death.....youd rather be electrocuted .... matty... and poor boy din complaion to his papa that u slapepd him....

very very good thing happens...as u always say(sh)it hapens !!!

be back soon !!!

Dipti said...

hahahhahahhahahhaha...yikes ..poor you

Mythreya said...

@scrbbles
NEXT TIME!!!
hope god shows some mercy upon me...

@ssnab
but telletubbies!!!!!!!
no i didn't hear dat song will chk out ..

@blue butterfly..
well but believe me non-stop pogo is a 3rd degree torture..

@zahid
i forgot to tell abt this....
few were dubbed in telugu also...
damn man!!!!!!!!!!
i guess this is d best way to torture criminals..
and certainly not poor souls like me.

@dip
*snob snob*
well ... here i go again..
(sh)IT happens and it happens with me only...

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

no updates???merry xmas nyway

-Arpita- said...

haha kids are indeed a pain!! and i
ll never baby-sit either...!!
and yup. nice humour there.
harini's senior(hope u dun mind me syaing that harini)...i was jus blogrolling...

Mythreya said...

@harini
sorry dear was out of station

@arpita
thanx for dropping by...

Everything n Nothing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Everything n Nothing said...

the "little" things u do are what make u smile...now and years later...
and ive got a nephew who's supposedly so "troublesome"...we've got complaints he bullies even his seniors at skool..(and he's only 7)....but kid r fun...innocent fun...
and 3 pizzas is a preety cheap price u paid for having all that fun :)

Mythreya said...

@cold and silent
well frankly speaking...
that was really nothing...
when i saw at the little girl..
she was smiling the naughty innocent smile..and i thought ooh she was d most beautiful thing....
it was a nice experience...

Shruti said...

oh poor you! Dint u know how these kids were? Hope you learned a lesson now ;)

Rajarshi said...

Update update update update...!

manisha said...

I wish to see your yearpost..its like a yearbook..k??…the questions are in my blog..copy paste them and answer!! Happy new year!!!

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

waiting for a new post!!!!!!!!

Dimple said...

HAhahah..kids are too much these days..such demands they hav...but u handled them quite wisely..must say..gud..:)

Mythreya said...

@sruthi
yeah ..now i learnt a lesson

@tentacles of thought
sorry dude....
i couldn't update..
finally i did

@manisha
well i cannot promise but i will try to..
and wish u the same

@blue butterfly
sorry yaar for making u wait

@dimple
humm.....thanx :)

Pranay said...

man.. this was damn funny.. hw come u fall into such interesting(for the rest of us, ofcourse; deadly.. for u!) circumstances!!!