Saturday, January 12, 2008

An Untold Story. . .

Few stories start on a lonely night, few on a battle field and few over a glass of rum. But few remain untold. . . .

I looked again from the corner of my eye, she looked the same always, beautiful.

I don't remember when it all started, maybe months now.
I made up my mind I will talk with her today, yes I will.
I went near her, she pretended as is she didn't see me coming; I tried to open my mouth but then, my legs shivered, and after a second, she was gone. . . .

"forget it dude. you are a coward" Nikki snapped from behind. She was the only friend I had.
"ok ok! there is always a tomorrow, isn't it?" I gave her a sheepish smile.
"whatever" She sighed.

"Beta wake up! You got to go t school!" My mom screamed early in the morning.

Yes. Indeed I was late to school.
She didn't come to school today!
'what happened to her? Is she ill? Oh god how is she now?' All thoughts troubled me.
"Pinky why didn't komal come today?" Pinky was her best friend and also my neighbor.
"How do I know lover boy!" Pinky laughed at me.

It was 6:20 and I was as usual late for my maths tuition.
"So early today? You should have taken your time, why did you rush?" My tuition sir was always filled with sarcasm.
"Sir, actually. . . ."
"Shut up and sit down" He yelled.

I sat down, suddenly my eyes fell on her.
'what is she doing here! Wow!' I looked at her in shock.
"Don't stare at her like this you jerk!" Nikki murmured.
"She just joined today."
"Wow! That's great." I was smiling with joy.
After the tuition was over, she walked straight towards me. I was shocked. . .

She came near and said, "Can you please you take out your cycle fast. I have to take my scooty."
I didn't say a word. Just watched her silently.
"Nikki!! Did you see that!"i screamed in joy. . .
"what she saying you to move your ass?? yeah i did see that"
"whatever. . . she talked with me!" I was all smiles.

After a boring week, I was again puffing and huffing to my tuition. My cycle broke down, so I had to walk all the way.

PEEP PEEP
I turned around and saw her smiling.
"Hi. You walking today? Where's your cycle?" She asked
"Aaaa. . ."
(I pinched myself to make sure I was not dreaming)
"Awww. . ."
"what happened?"
"Err. . . nothing, well my cycle broke down." Somehow I manged to force the words out of my mouth this time.
"Oh! Well It's already six. Don't you think you will be late again?" She questioned.
"Well yeah, I am gonna die!" I said worriedly.
"Don't you worry. I can drop you. " She said with a grin.
"Huh. . " I didn't knew what to say. This was more than a dream-come-true for me.
"Do you wanna drive?" She asked doubtfully.
"Well. . . aaa. . .actually I don't know how to drive?" I said awkwardly.
"What! Haa. ."She laughed in disbelief.
'Damn It!' I screamed to myself.

Days passed. Our friendship blossomed and so did my love for her.
Few days later. . .
My phone rang.
"Hulo. Oh Komal. . . .Hi. ." I answered the call.
She, "What are you doing? Hope you are free. . . .I was thinking if you could with to. . . ."
"Oh sure! I will be there. . . ." I happily agreed.

It was a kind of a semi-date you can say. We had also planned to go a movie.
I called Nikki, she was agony aunt.
"Nikks, she asked me out. . . ." I screamed.
"Humm. . . .so you are on. Whats on the cards? Movie. . . and?? By the way, do you have money??" She asked
"Money!! Aargh! I am out of cash yaar. What do I do?" I was worried.
"Ask your mom!" She.
"Naah! She would kill me if I told her I was going to a movie. She would stop me from going out."
"Well then steal!" Nikki replied
"What Steal! Are you crazy? And from where do I steal" I shouted.
"Well you got no other option also. Take money from your mom's purse. believe me it's ok. When you get your allowance just replace it." She suggested.
I really didn't had any other option.

After the movie and shopping we went to an Ice-cream parlor.
She smiled at me. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
"I have come up with a name for you?" SHE said proudly.
"What! Really?" I replied somewhat surprised and somewhat curiously.
"Matty! Did you like it?" She looked at me eagerly waiting for an applaud.
yeah girls love this "nick-naming" sessions. If given a chance they would name every single soul
they know.
"why not i also give you a nick-name?. . . How about Komli. . .naah. . . komi? Koms? Komolika??" I made fun of her. . .but we agreed that komal siuted her and "matty" was a lovely name. I loved the name and loved her more than me.

Six months later, the board exam was over. Everyone was so happy. We felt like the kings; like we had conquered something. We had finished schooling.

"I have a good news." My dad announced.
"We are shifting to Hyderabad!" He said happily.
"wow thats great." my mom was happy than ever.
"what!! I won't come. I am not going anywhere. I have all my friends here. How can you expect me to leave this place." I screamed, I was angry, I was shocked. The very thought of leaving all my friends bought a chill in my veins.

But I knew everything was in vain. My parents were determined as we were actually moving to our hometown but I wanted to tell them that this is my home, this is my heaven, these are my friends. I can't live without them. But they didn't listen. Who would to a 15 year old. . . .

The time came for my farewell. Komal and Nikks had come to the station.
I tell you I really hate these farewells. I hate to leave my best friends.
But. . .

We promised to remain in touch. And we did so. Phone internet letters we had done everything.
I missed her more than everything. I pinned for her. Every second I thought of her. Every other girl reminded me of her.
Four years passed by. But our friendship never drifted. Though sometimes I felt she was no more the sweet little girl I knew, but. . .

It was summer. I was going to hometown. To my friends. To Nikks, To her. . . .
I reached the city. The streets didn't change, I felt like a lost boy reuniting with her mother. Nikki came to pick me up. She was the same, my best girl, my best friend.
I called up komal and we decided to meet at out old meeting point.

I was nervous. . . .do I look good? what will she say after seeing me? I would tell her how much I love her. She would also say yes. Yes she loves me. . .

We met, we shook our hands, exchanged smiles. She looked beautiful.
And. . .

"Riiiing Riiing" Her mobile rang.

Afetr few mins. . .
"Oh sorry it was my boy friend. . . ." She said to me.

I smiled at my fate and my heart cried . . . .

That was my first love.

42 comments:

Amalgam said...

ah my poor girlie
hota hai bacha.... mr. fate will surely smile at you one day
:)

Anonymous said...

hmm.. an obvious ending for a first love of dis kind buddy. gals u see, are never certain.. rather shud never be taken for granted. it wud be grave mistake to do so... better be on d safe side. i wud suggest(hehe.. cudnt apply it by myself thou..) one to either ignore such crushes and let dem enter our memorycells for ever or jus dump down ur thoughts den n dere before her and leave d rest to ur fate... hehe.. :) no offense intended buddy.
Anyways... chill out, first love is always as painful as dis one. no worries u r far better dan oders. yes.. dats true. nice work bro. cud hve done much better thou... :)

raul said...

ishchhol love story.....very sweet...
but hanging on to one thing for long is very boring...anyway...whats life without twist

Dipti said...

i enjoy reading your stories a lot, you make it interesting :)

Mythreya said...

@deepi
kab yaar kab....
:((

@raul
humm yeah...

@dip
thanks dip :D

Mythreya said...

@karthik
well ..i know first love is always painful dude..
well thanks for the feedback..
i will try to live upto ur expectations...

Proneat said...

uve written really interestin man!!
ur explanations kinda sweet. bt in the end yeah, its abt a first love gone better.nice read bro

Arwindh said...

excellent...
rocking as usual..
man..u're making me nostalgic..

Mythreya said...

@proneat
thanks dude..


@arwindh
well thanks awri..
this post was abt nostalgia..

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

amazing....u did it again with ur stories

Supernova said...

ouch!! dat hurts na..
bt life goes on...u knwo wat i believe in?..if u dint get smthng u wanted, its simply bcoz u deserve somethng better

Zahid said...

Is ka kya matlab hua matty...Mujhe kehte hai ki bol de !! bol de !!! but tu !!! Bahut bura kiya

If i had been in your place you know what i would hav done...Perhaps teh same...Boo hoo hoo !!!

Sukanya said...

:(
zahid is ryt.. u shud hv told..

even i hate shifting base.. i moved frm delhi to b'lore and thn bak to delhi.. m in touch wi all my b'lore frnds bt still it ws nt the same whn i had to move.. we wr thinkin of goin to PU college together n all.. hmm.. hota hai..

kyamaloom said...

Nice write up Matty!
Even my first love ended coz of all this shifting of places n stuff! *sigh*

You got me back some good ol' memories! :)

Adijo said...

Great write-up! Like ur style :)

Rohit Bedida said...

fuck man fuck!! Awesome boletho awesome.. Hats off!! *Bows*

Never knew that the dumb boy(I assumed.. hehe) who sat beside me in college would turn out to be a wonderful blogger :D

Mythreya said...

@harini
thanks girl...

@supernova
i wish what u said turns out true..

@zahid
well i did the mistake i told u not to do it yaar...
anyway all the best for u..

@ssnb
yeah i know..hota hai..but why me:((

@rohit
humm..
happens dude..

Mythreya said...

@adijo
thanks ..

@bizarre kid
thanks dude..
and..
"never judge a book by it's cover"

J said...

Aah.. First crush is unforgettable na!
Nice post!:)

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

aw.... that was so touching and beautiful ..... my dad asked us to move to muscat but i did nto want to .... finally my dad did agree but only till my boards finish ....
the end was cruel .... but tehn first love always stays as a beautiful memory .....

Mythreya said...

@jshree
thanks yaar

@blue butterfly
humm..
yeah very true.

Solitaire said...

Is this a true story?
If so, my heart goes out to you.

Everything n Nothing said...

1st love....
and #1 only starts things up....

so keep on counting ... cheers :)

AG said...

heyaa
firslty well written , enjyed readin it :)
well something on the same lines happened to me too n i know how much it suxx n hurts :(:(
but as cold &silent says it only the start lolzz
wish u luck
;):D

cheers

Unknown said...

well,
what can I say. It was written well enough to attract MY attention..so, definitely a good read.

sidetracked a bit during the story though... wondered how girls can come up with good nicknames all the time. Its seems so easy for them.

and then I was a bit freaked out...only a bit...just a tad, microscopic.
Same scenario happened to me, with a little bit of a twist... the girl was the one who left..came back with a "boyfriend".
That was a long long time ago...
think I was 13..ah well, life goes on. You break some hearts, and some break your heart.

The Furobiker said...

phew ..awesome dude

ADHEERA. said...

ah! well written!
ive been through that situation twice-and every time ..you just learn.
its then that u realize that you just loved..you werent in love ,and thats the way life goes.

Pranay said...

this is the ghar ghar ki kahaani dude!!! aisa hi hota hai end mein... hope u found a new love soon after that debacle..

Mythreya said...

@solitaire
yes it is my dear friedn..

@cold & silent
aaah..
how true..

@aditi
thanks yaar..

Mythreya said...

@hershey
thanks for the feedback..
and yeah i know..
this is everyone's story..

@abhishek
thanks dude

@nincompoop
thanks dude

@pranay
lol
guess u r right

Anonymous said...

nicely written... like the way you didnt add any unnecessary commentary at the end.. the type that most stories of this nature seem to incite

Mythreya said...

Thanks dude!

Mythreya said...

thanks :D

manisha said...

awwwww.....the nicknaming seessionss..he he..abt dat u were right...rest dunno wat to tell...i guess u hv enuf empathies..!!!i hatttttteeeee heart burns :(

test said...

vow!! readin ur story was like me gettin into ma first love again.. girls are fickle creatures in certain cases..

Mythreya said...

@manisha..
well..
happens ..even i hate them..
but can't avoid them..

@manorath
umm..
thanks bro..
this is the ghar ghar ki kahani i guess..
lol...

Tina said...

very nice post....reminds everone of their first "love".....its always a learning experience...keep posting

Love
tee

Mythreya said...

thanks tee...
ya..
first love...

sana said...

that was touching...

Mythreya said...

thanks sana

Keertz said...

this was very sweet post, one of your best posts..and i missed reading this somehow..
very sweet, cute, innocent jz like someone i know and who was rechristened MATTY!!
hahaha..liked the name-specially how it came..the girl is not yours, but the name will be with u forever!!
:) :) :)

Mythreya said...

how true..
i guess i will never forget her!!
but thats life!