Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Longest Night Of My Life

I still remember the night of thirteenth December 2006. The unforgettable Friday the thirteenth.
It rained heavily. Maybe a cyclone.
The News reader warned people to stay indoors. For the time being he was my only company as my parents were out of station. No food in the house. I couldn't even get something from outside.
"what am I gonna do?" I screamed to myself.
"One day without food you wont die matty. Remember fasting is good for health." My alter ego replied.

I sighed in dismay. The loneliness was killing me.
I took a deep breath and said to myself, "what worse can it happen!"

"SHITTTTTTT!!!!!
A power cut at this hour! Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!"

It was pitch dark.
My mom had warned me to get some candles from the shop.
'Oh mom, I wish you were with me!'

My body shivered. Partly due to the storm and partly because of a strange fear.
Maybe the darkness; maybe the loneliness.

CRRRRRRAAAAAAASSSSSSHHhhhh
Suddenly there was a breaking noise. I was taken by shock.
'it's the wind; don't worry' I said to myself and tried to calmed down.

The storm beat the windows. I had to shut it down or the floor would be wet with water.
I went near the window. . . .

something stopped my steps. . .

it was a shadow of a man, a humanly figure. . . .

But what on earth was he doing in my backyard at this hour!!!!

"Must be a thief!" I concluded.
I thought of screaming. . . but maybe he is armed and who will listen to me in this strom.
I grabbed the broom and silently I went near the backyard.

I tried to open the door slowly. . . . . .

THHHHUUUUUUUUDDDDDD
"Ooooh God!!!!" I screamed as I slipped and fell on the wet floor.

I must have alerted him. he must have escaped.

NO He didn't go. He was moving nearer.
Suddenly I looked down.

HE HAD NO HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELLLLLLL!!!!!!!

I was shivering. I was almost dead.
I had never encountered ghosts but . . . . why me!!!

I shut my eyes and prayed the almighty. My heart beat a thousand times a minute.
I was sooo afraid even to scream. I couldn't utter a word in fear.

BAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGG!!!

The door fell open. . . . and i screamed "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

And. . . . .

I saw my shirt hanged by the clothesline in the backyard.
I had forgotten to bring it inside when my mom left it to dry.

"FUCK!!!! it's my shirt!!!!!"
Fuck man fuck!

"Aaah. . . ." I almost died of heart attack.

I panted heavily. I breathed in relief.
Then I got up and shut the door.

luckily after hours of searching, I found a small torch. I decided to go to my bed room and shut myself under the blanket.

As I walked on, i saw somethign shining in the dark. I couldn't understand for a sec.
"aaaaahhh" I screamed.

meeeeeaaaw.

SHIT! It was just a cat. it must have come in doors through the open windows.

I jumped on to the bed and prayed for the sun to arrive.
It was the longest night of my life.

"Fuck man! Fuck!! You got scared of your shirt! Ha Ha" Rahul shrieked as I narrated him the whole episode.
"But dude. . . .I don't remember any cyclone in December 2006 and in fact it never rained at all that year due to drought. And I don't remember any Friday the thirteens in that December also?? Ok forget it. Tell me which flats do have backyards and how did you think someone could climb all the six floors in a stormy night to your so called backyard!!!"

"WHATTT!! Well Just shut up. If you don't wanna believe don't believe. I don't care!" I yelled at him.

"ok ok relax dude!! Just chill ok." Rahul replied cooly.
"well I have a story too. wanna hear?" He looked at me excitedly. It was still seven and I had plenty time to kill.
"Shoot!" I said.

'The other day, me and my friend were at the graveyard near my place, having our usual booze session.
Suddenly my friend had to rush quickly to his place and I was left alone with two tins of beer.
I couldn't carry them home neither could drink on the roads.
So I decided to finish of the drinks at the graveyard and get back to my place.

Suddenly my eyes fell on a grave.
it read:
Rose Fernandes
Born: 5th Jan 1985 Died: 27 Aug 2007

Oh fuck! It's your B'day Rose! Happy b'day dear Rose Fernandes.
Why did you die so young?

"beacuse I had cancer. Anyway thanks for wishing me rahul!"

"WHATTTTT!! Who r u?? WHo is the bloddy bastard who is playign such a trick!!" I screamed

"It's me. Rose. Don't fear I won;t harm you." A women in white sari replied back as she moved towards me.

I ran as fast I can and ran untill i reached my home and shut myself in my room.
I can never forget the night."

"WHAT!!!!! You Boozed in a Graveyard?? And you are telling me you saw a dead women talking to you when you got high? Well tell you what you are nothing more than a drunken brat. At least my story didn't involve ghosts!!!!! get real dude." I roared.

"you don't believe me! well come with me to the graveyard I will show her." rahul spoke back.

"Are you nuts? You a mad man. I won't come with you anywhere." Me

"Ha! Why Mr.Coward? Looks like you wet your pants just by hearing the name of the graveyard." Rahul bawled.

"Give me a break ok. Look I am not coward." Me again

"Then come with me" Rahul challenged.

"Fine. Lets go and meet your new dead friend. Maybe I will ask her out." I snapped back

we went to the graveyard. But as I entered my hands shivered. I don't believe i was doing such a crazy thing. We entered and then. . . .

"Well dude sorry! " rahul spoke as we entered the graveyard.

"sorry? why so?" Me a bit astonished

"You won! Actually I was just kidding. There is no rose. I wanted to test your courage." Rahul replied.

"Oh god you are such a. . . . I told you see. there are no such fucking things as ghosts!!" Me again.

Just then someone came from the behind and. . . .

"Are you looking for me?"
A young woman in white sari was standing behind us. . . . .

20 comments:

"Word Life" said...

lolz... I feel like laughing...

its just so dumb...

u guyz definitely might be peeing in ur pants.. :P

- sorry for that..

Sammy Desai

Mythreya said...

well sammy thank god i made u laugh

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

heya damn damn goood!!! seriously cool.... i love these story kinda things u write.... guess ur right... i must use my imagination... n btw, wat happened 2 ur cat results

Mythreya said...

well dear i screwed up....
93 percentile is pretty bad..thats what they say...
thanks harini...

DICIST said...

full comedy, funny, giggling story..................
sorry you didn't make any sence out of it.........

raul said...

veryyyyyy scary.... i peed in my pants twice!!

btw dont take abt my rose so openely....i think im in love with her....

Mythreya said...

the idea was to make u laugh actually

Dipti said...

lol why was such a young dead girl in a white saari..she should have been in a white frillyfrock! hehe

spooky..that headless man part and hilarious that it turned out to be a hanging shirt. we tend to imagine things and make figures out of normal things when scared.

Zahid said...

what do you mean when 93 percentie is bad...You hav just thrashed my hopes buddy !!! And for your wild excursion of imagination !!! Very very funny !!

kyamaloom said...

Seems like another "Scary Movie"!..lolll

Anonymous said...

h..m.m.... things happen to u always, nai?
like the latest bakra u became
he he he
deeps

Mythreya said...

@deeps
well...
dont u talk abt the bakra...
it's between u and me...
ok......

@rohit
humm...
well it was meant to be that..

@dip
humm well....
never got dat idea yaar..lol

@zahid
well dude..
yeah 93 is waste..

Unknown said...

I think you have started reading some 'betala' stories now-a-days after exams.....

Sukanya said...

rofl.. v funny..

btw glowing eyes of cats and dogs freak me out completely.. i have a doggie n i've found him starin at me sumtimes at night and its very scary..

nice imagination.. lol..

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Proneat said...

ROTFL LOLZzz

AG said...

hahahhaah
i am sooo scared
very well narrated
cheersss
:)

Unknown said...

haaa
lovely narration.
Actually, your side of the story was ok. I would have probably gone kamikaze on that shirt stabbing it multiple times with a knife.
Might have got a bit startled if I see that cat.

But I tell you, in the end, after that ghost story, and being at a grave site, if a woman in a white sari came up behind me, I would have ran at a speed that would make a cheetah look like a tortoise.

Ghost or not, women should not wear white saris after 9pm and near graveyards, specially near graveyards...

sana said...

really funny!!!

Mythreya said...

well its good that u liked it guys..