Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two Sides of a Coin....

THE SIN...........

I walk through the door slowly.... but allow her to hear my footsteps....
She stands like a rock......
holding everything inside...... and giving me nothing but the silence....
I wish I could read her mind....i wish i could interpret those woeful thoughts haunting her...
I wish i could tell her....

'Don't worry everything will be fine.....'
but....

It was late...but she doesn't scream at me...as she used to ....
no sign of concern...

I still remember those beautiful days...
when we were young and newly married...
smitten by cupid...
when i used to love her by the day....and by the night....

Things change... and sometimes for the worse....

I feel the coldness even in the hot summer nights.....
It was days when we last shared a conversation...
or even when we dined together...

love.... seemed to be breathing its last breathe....
and the end seemed to begin....

I walk past to her...
her eyes...still the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...
but....the touch of her hair..... the smell of her body...
mere memories to me now....

I gather courage to break the long lasting silence....
"what is it that trouble you, my lady?"

She looks into my eyes and quickly moves them away from my sight...
she hangs her head down.... seeming smitten by the "Guilt" bug...
tears roll down her eyes...
'something bad' my heart tells me...
finally words pop out her mouth..

"I am pregnant"

................................................................................................................................


THE SINNER...............

The click strikes 11....
Still no sight of him...It's the same all the days...
This loneliness is killing me....
All day I sit idle... and wait all night...
months have passes since we last made love...

has the love died a rotten death??
or .. did it never take birth in the first place????

anyway...how do you expect love in arranged marriage!!

.................

I met him few days ago....
He is funny...handsome.... and likes me...

Am I doing anything wrong???
I know I am not supposed to act like this..but I am not able to help it..
Why do I feel like a teenager ....
why am I attracted to him so much....

NO!! I am a married woman....This is wrong!!

.................

I have never felt this way before....
it was like the first time...
same nervousness.......same excitement...
emotions running high.......and we were ready to be consumed by them...
how could i feel so different with him in the same act.......
I feel like jumping in the air and yelling at the top of my voice... to the whole world that i love him.. love him my whole life....
he is my knight in shining armor...my man of my dreams...
a part of me who completed me......the way i completed him.......
we are one and whole.....
how much i wish to be with him right now... how much...

...........................

I have done the biggest mistake of my life...
I cheated my husband....
I cheated my family...my parents..their trust...everyone..

Why was i so blind??

Why is love such a boisterous thing...
why does it pricks likes thorns...

why can't I have a happy ending..........

..........................................................................................................................................................................




PS: This blog is dedicated to my friends and all time critics...Deepi and Srats....

19 comments:

Amalgam said...

i am not sure what love is... since i havent fallen in, but then seems like it has no time limit
i seriously wonder what would happen if love happens in such a situation

Sunil Kosuru said...

true Attraction or love happen with any one with out reason, whether ur married or single, or to satisy ur needs or wants.
Nice blog.

Mythreya said...

@Amalgam..
so do i...

@sunny
thanks...

Sach1 said...

if it's all about being in love, am sure love will find a way...
:)

Sukanya said...

yea.. love will find a way!!! i've never found any sense in arranged marriages!!

such a sad post!!! i ws looking fr a happy birthday post.. but nice1 :P Welcome back..

p.s. nice template :) n d lines frm sonnet 116.. its one of my fav shakespeare sonnets.

Mythreya said...

@sach
yeah..love will find a way..


@Ssnab
sorry dear to disappoint u..
hope i live upto ur expectations next time..

Supernova said...

Ladies n gentlemen, Matty is back and HOW!! im spellbound buddy, dis was an awsum post..the flow, narration all was gripping.

"anyway...how do you expect love in arranged marriage!!" I dont agree to this...love dsnt need you to meet via a frnd or internet or a coffee house to culminate.

It wasnt only about love, it was about lonliness and companionship.

Mythreya said...

@supernova
thanks yaar..

well..ya i agree with u....

busy-writer said...

:| mushy-ly sad! altho, these have been written bout before, felt nice readin such sorta poems (?) again! :)

you okay nly naa? this is a complete work of fiction na?

ta-daa! :)

P.S-template sucks :| well, not really...but, your earlier one was awesome-er! ;)

Mythreya said...

@mons
it is a work of pure fiction dear!!

and abt the template...
well girl..
i got bored by it...

Comfortably Numb said...

nice work man!
cheers and keep it up

Keshi said...

LOVE...it doesnt stay too long in my life.

Keshi.

Zahid said...

Hmmm...Grabbed another style again...Nice ya...just that i was expecting a different ending !!! you always have something cooked up for the end !!!!

dhoop kinara said...

poignant...i like your flow of thought...smooth transitions.

Mythreya said...

@keshi
umm....

@zahid
i hope i live upto ur expectations in the times to come..

@cling & clatetr
thanks dude...

Arwindh said...

awesome...especially the first one..
keep it up...

test said...

love at such a dangerous time.. i shud say, a late love, but not late enough.. bravo!!

Mythreya said...

umm...
ya...
i guess u r rite!

Mythreya said...

@arwindh
thanks dude