Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tell Me a Story

I looked eagerly into those eyes.... as if they were telling me something...
old.. tired... wanting to stop... but helplessly being dragged...
maybe a lost love.. or was it the loneliness.. the age..
he wanted peace.. he wanted to stop..
but... like he knew he had to wait.


They say, the eyes say it all. And I ventured on a small experiment of mine.
Studying people. Trying to know the strangeness of the strangers. Trying to hear the story which their eyes tell... a silent story!

This little girl really amazed me. She was happy. Happy because she had got her meal for the day. Happy because she had no mother to tell her to clean her dirty hands. No school to go. No books to read. No future to worry about. Free like the bird. But still unaware how limitless is the sky... still unaware how vast is the world and how narrow are the people in it!!
Her eyes were small.... so small that they were unaware of dreams!

On the contrary, next was a school boy! Running happily towards his home. How he waited right from the morning for this moment. Maybe he wanted to play, be himself for the evening..and not his aspiring IITian son of his parents. Smaller eyes. Forced Dreams.

just then...
it started to rain!
The rain drops fell upon me... i ran for shelter.
There my eyes fell upon a very beautiful teenager!
Aaah.. what beauty...her smile... was cute..
little rain drops trying to flirt with her..
her eyes filled with...Some sweet little dreams .. i guess!
I had to move on.. for i was afraid.. i would fell in love with her!

When I boarded the bus.. I met a young man.. probably of the same age as I.
I couldn't interpret much what laid beneath...
A search for a job.. or maybe something else..
But all I could see was.. the restlessness...
fighting with himself... the wish to overcome something..
maybe some broken dreams trying to rebuilt..
maybe!!

As I entered the building... I saw the watchman.
I wondered.. how would he feel.. standing all day.. not moving much...
watching people go in and out.. everyday..
when my eyes met his.. with a smile..
I saw them lit up....
He might not be the happiest man on earth... but still content!

"Hi!" she snapped from the back...
a familiar voice...
the same fragrance...
I knew it was her..
I looked straight into her eyes. Sparkling.
Filled with the strangeness called "life"...
happiness and sorrow ran together.
she had some kind of relief.. joy ... but still.. unsatisfied.. a slight hint of fear.. worry..
a forgotten sadness.. being reminded again..
For she well knew....
I was her ever and never...
No Love. No Hate.
Uncherished Dreams.

Finally I met my friend... my brother..
Though I knew it all..
his eyes wanted to tell it all over again....
red with regret... wet by sorrow...
tears didnt roll down... though he knew how to cry....
I wondered could anyone love someone so much...
thinking about her every moment...
trying to live with and without her...
dying every second and living every moment...
trying to relive every second spent with her.....
living only in one hope......"One day.. .. one day.. i will hold her .. once again...."

After Sorrow.. Happiness follows!
Lastly.. I saw a family..
they were three. A loving husband, a caring wife and the most beautiful daughter.
I looked at both of them..
their eyes fixed on their daughter.
I soon realized that they were not two but one!
maybe this is what they call love......



Now the final test...
I looked at the mirror...

I couldnt find anything...
just two human eyes..
not a word. not an emotion!!

26 comments:

test said...

hey nice one buddy.. this is ma third time on ur blog and i stil enjoy it..

Mythreya said...

thanks dude

raul said...

its gud........
kinda perv....but nice

Mythreya said...

thanks raul.

Anonymous said...

Nice..i really enjoy.

Mrunal said...

its a nice exploration.... but there was a conspicuous discontinuity .. you write well but you need to better compose yourself. you have a lot of talent; but it comes out as a few words in your write up... they are streaks of beautiful colours between black and gray... focus more on the 'colours'.... keep writing... write lots....

waiting to hear from you... :)

Amalgam said...

kya baat hai
getting matured? itne complicated matters pe shuru ho gaya
it was nice, but for god's sake improve upon your grammatical errors; they take away the essence

Mythreya said...

@logic
thanks..

@mrunal
really thanks for telling me the fact..
well..
i just realized how true u were..

@amalgam
thanks girl..
but ya..
i know..
i got to improve..

Arjun said...

Gr8 Gr8 post dude..
How well u described every bit....
Well, wat else can i say....Too Good..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Mythreya said...

thanks arjun....

Tina said...

Lovely post mate....well written and xplained...well got to say this..ur blog template was my previous template...

On the whole a gud blog...keep it up

Cheers
Tee
http://mydreamsmywords.blogspot.com/

Mythreya said...

thanks tina..

Poorna Banerjee said...

beautiful.

Mythreya said...

thanks panu

Sukanya said...

wow!!! it was very grippin.

p.s.
u could have explained a little deeper. like d teenager or d guy in d bus.. the watchman everybody.. u have writtn wht most of us see in thm.

maybe u cud have writtn abt the teenager being a rebel. she must hv fought with her mom for wearing a short dress or somthing...

i hope u got wht m tryin to explain :)

Kenneth said...

I like how ur post culminates towards the end....Good use of words...

Mythreya said...

@ssnab
umm..
ya i should have...

but..
somehow... i just wrote it..

@kenneth
thanks dude..

Samra said...

hieeee....
ur themes are very gud matty...
i was wondering wen i will evolve into such a gud thinker lik u,....
keep entertaining..

Mythreya said...

Well dont worry sampu..
u r better than me also.
thanks..

Prachi said...

very well described...

repeat the final test and do it like u did it for others. (unconditionally and unconsciously) u will find words and emotions for those eyes too!! :)

all d best
cheers :)

Mythreya said...

thanks prachi...

i will try ..

busy-writer said...

hmm, a nice range covered. i'll tell you what you might have "missed" seeing in those 2 eyes: :P
lovelorn-ness, starry eyes, excitement when a single lookin girl walks by, wicked-ishness thinkin of howta get the woman.. ah. :P :P

:)

wizard said...

Great Post

Mythreya said...

@Mons...
Oh GOD!!
MONICA...
this is a public place..
Plz for god sake.. dont tell all abt myself here...
Yaar... some nice single girls do come here and read my blogs yaar!!!

@wizard
thanks dude

Anonymous said...

dat waz pretty intresting!!!



@monica
shez rt!

@matty
srry for getting too personal:|
(culdnt stop typng it ;))

Mythreya said...

@anoymous
its ok yaar...